Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

Oh, I HAD plans...I had PLANS, big PLANS! And they were thwarted by one little girl.

The flu and a cough, a month of sleepless nights, followed by a repeat fever of 102 deg F, and then the subsequent vomiting...that was the final straw on the camel's back. I am fortunate it will only be us--I didn't invite any one or it would have to be potluck and me scrounging the freezer for my part.

Because of the trip to the doctor, I didn't get my shopping done on the very last day in the only time slot I had available and now, there's not enough time to make the fabulous meal I had planned.

Will the kids notice? Probably not. They prefer dinosaur chicken and pasta with broccoli to all other meals. Will the husband notice? Maybe. Maybe not if I let him watch football all day. Will I notice? Only if I let myself.

Perhaps we will figure out a fabulous, low-key approach that will become our new tradition. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am still giving thanks, however. I held my baby and rocked her and took care of her with the time I would have spent on shopping for and preparing a fancy meal and she has made a speedy recovery. Her smile and laughter and joyfulness will make whatever we eat taste delicious.

Posted by The Editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to hear from you!