Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ballet

Joy had her very first of ballet lesson today. She has been waiting forever. FOREVER. The countdown started on Saturday. We had to discuss the number of days, hours, minutes until she could go.

She practiced in her new ballet shoes. She practiced in costumes. She practiced her moves, her facial expressions, and her entrances and exits. She practiced so much that we had to buy new tights.

We got to class 40 minutes early. She watched the class before hers with stars in her eyes. She looked adorable.

She had her hair in a bun. She wore a pink leotard, pink tights, pink skirt, pink ballet shoes. I wanted to gobble her up! (She was the cutest little thing. Definitely the cutest in the whole school, and no, I am not biased!)

When class started she went right inside, no hesitation. There were only three other girls in her class. It was for 4-6 year olds. (She just turned 4.) The other girls were 5, 6, and almost 7. She looked so little. I was worried. I didn’t know if she would be intimidated. She wasn’t. I didn’t know if she could do it. She could. I didn’t know if she would like it. She did. I didn’t know if it would be all she had built it up to be—it was!!!!

After class she floated to the car. She told us that she needed to call everyone to tell them. Tell them what? “I’m a ballerina dancer now!” Oh, of course. Where can I get some of that moxie?


Posted by The Editor for Busy Body

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to hear from you!