Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In other news...

I have three children, two boys and a girl, Bubba, Stump, and Samantha Jean-Pocket (not their real names.) They are currently 2, 4, and 6 years old.

Bubba was born a little old man...he talks and thinks ahead of his time. He was never a baby-baby but he is my first and I always called him "Love-love" because one love was not enough.

Samantha JP was also born with a full head of hair and her mind made up about everything. She was the biggest baby of my three, almost 9 pounds (I'm 5'2"), and she grew like a rocket. She is the size of a four-year-old at 2 years, 3 months and is the sassiest little pistol I have ever seen. She has two big brothers to protect her, but sometimes I think maybe she will protect them. We can blame her spunk on the red highlights in her hair or maybe the Italian-Irish-Norwegian heritage.

Stump is my baby-baby. He is smaller in stature with a head of golden ringlets. He is introspective by nature, tenderhearted, generous to a fault, and beholds beauty wherever he looks. He also is attached to his security blanket, named quack for the duck design, and his binky (pacifier, dummy, nubby, bap, gookie or whatever you call it.) I have tried many times to get rid of the pacifier without luck. Many grand-scale, life-altering events occurred during the time it should have been eliminated (house remodel, dad left to start new job, move across country, and new baby sister within a 7 month period) and I decided not to push it, but the looming 5th birthday has been weighing on my maternal instincts. Note: I did have multiple discussion with pediatricians and dentists regarding the binky use and they reassured me that it would be over in due time with no lasting ramifications (nobody goes to college with their binky, somebody told me).

So, Stump had a fever last Friday & Saturday (104 deg F) and he was better by Sunday. He didn't feel like going to school today (tired with a little cough) so I kept him home. He kind of moped around all day. Driving to pick up Bubba, he said his teeth hurt. I forgot to check them when we got home but at bedtime, he showed me his loose tooth. I had to tell him "no more binky" and he cried for it and then freaked out that his tooth would fall out in the night and it would hurt. Poor little guy, he kept asking why he couldn't have it and I told him a binky was for baby teeth, it might hurt the big boy teeth and make them crooked. And he said, "I don't want to be a big boy," then he said, "Ok, give the binkies to the binky fairy, have her take them." And then he said, "Will she take quack, too?" Finally, while I held him, he fell asleep.


The Era of The Binky is over.




Posted by The Editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to hear from you!