Thursday, January 21, 2010

The First Parent-Teacher Conferences


I thought the first day of school was hard...and it was, for many reasons, but tomorrow is the day for the first parent-teacher conferences for Bubba and Stump. My stomach is in knots and I'm not sure why. They really haven't been in trouble, save the occasional time-out for forgetting the rules. They participate well and seem to enjoy their time spent there, for the most part.

I guess I'm just afraid that I will sit down with the teacher and expect to hear, "Bubba is a stellar student, we wish all of them could be like him." And, instead, they will say, "Bubba is a wicka-wacka spotted, three-horned monkey cow jelly roll who insists on speaking 'kualish'*-- a language he tells us he spoke on the planet Ronkria* where he lived in a ruffulia* rock cave and only ate miszelka* bread, because he sure won't eat any of the apple slices we serve here!" Not that it could really happen, but I might just be so nervous I will hear this no matter what is said...

Posted by The Editor.

ps. please wish me luck or say a prayer for me for grace and composure, no matter what...thanks!

*any similarity to actual languages, planets, rocks, or bread is purely an accident

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to hear from you!